Five Gil-Galads Walk Into A Bar by herenortherenearnorfar

Fanwork Information

Summary:

The Halls of Mandos are known to be strange but there's no precendent for running into other people who claim to be you.

Gil-Galad meets some other Gil-Galads and reflects on the essence of Gil-Galadness.

Major Characters: Gil-galad

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Humor

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings: Violence (Mild)

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 5, 581
Posted on 24 November 2021 Updated on 25 November 2021

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Post-reembodiment Gil-Galad fic is always fundamentally weird because this is a character who has built his entire life around his job and then suddenly moved somewhere where that job was already taken care of. He's on enforced vacation now and he simply doesn't know what to do with himself. At least our other ex-Kings of the Noldor had actual lives before they became figureheads. Gil-Galad has molded himself into the perfect High King his whole life! Poor guy.

This is also why so many Gil-Galad backstories work and why I actually don't care that much about Gil-Galad's parents. His core drive is not his parentage, its his responsibilities, his upbringing in the very latest stages of the war. He wasn't built like that, he built himself like that.

Extra points if you can pick up on the secret Gil-Galad backstories two of our Gil-Galads are hiding.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.