Entwined by Anérea

| | |

Fanwork Notes

In my headcanon, the Awakening of Men at the time of the Rising of the Sun and Moon was figurative, more like a renaissance, or the advancements that might occur with the invention of the wheel or agriculture (or the sudden appearance of a pair of glaring balls of light in the sky). Although they had been around long before, while the plants and animals lay dormant under the influence of the Sleep of Yavanna, the pace of life for Men had probably been slow and simple. With the Second Spring of Arda, then “new things, devised long ages before in the thought of Yavanna and sown as seed in the dark, came at last to their budding and their bloom. West, North, and South the children of Men spread and wandered, and their joy was the joy of the morning before the dew is dry, when every leaf is green.”
~from The Silmarillion, Chapter 12: Of Men

Fanwork Information

Summary:

First Age 116: in the foothills of the Orocani Mountains—west of Hildórien and far, far east of Beleriand.
Woman meets man in four 100-word drabbles.

(The first in my Hildórien to Beleriand series exploring the ancestors of Adanel and her brother Magor, from whom came many of the Edain heroes of the first age, as well as the Peredhil.)

Major Characters: Original Character(s), Original Female Character(s), Original Male Character(s), Maiar, Men

Major Relationships: Original Character/Original Character

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Family, Ficlet, Fixed-Length Ficlet, Fluff, General, Het, Romance

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 406
Posted on 31 December 2021 Updated on 23 January 2022

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Inspired by lferion's beautiful sculptural metal artwork Intertwined

Note on my names:
Since Tolkien based Taliska on Gothic, I’m following suit as best I can for the names of my original characters:
Awo is Gothic for grandmother
Amie is from athei (mother)
Saifreth from sei (she who/with…) and frathi (insight/perception)
Ahwë is from ahwa ‘river’


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.

Anérea has requested the following types of constructive criticism on this fanwork: Characterization, Description/Imagery, Mood/Tone, Organization/Structure, Pacing, Plot, Point of View, Setting, Spelling, Grammar, and Mechanics, Style, Worldbuilding. All constructive criticism must follow our diplomacy guidelines.