(Of What Might Be, Or Should Be) by Anérea

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Can be read on its own, but sort of follows from "In Light Of Dreams" (although it occurs about 100 years before) as an explanation of where Fraiwen’s dream came from. (Hers will not have been the first such dream in her family.)

Fanwork Information

Summary:

circa FA50, Lórien, Aman
A half-baked pseudo-philosophical conversation between Ulmo and Irmo on Life, the Universe, and the reliability of dreams as a form of Unbiased Communication in aiding the Secondborn Children of Eru.

Major Characters: Lórien, Ulmo, Valar

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1, 526
Posted on 31 December 2021 Updated on 31 December 2021

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Inspired by Zhie's colourful Master of Dreams, which made me think of different options and choices...

~*~

Writing the Valar feels much like attempting to represent pandimensional spaces in a two dimensional drawing. I imagine that however they actually communicate (whether it’s via words like “Greetings, how farest thou?” or colours or thrumming the threads of the space-time continuum) it would feel as normal to them as “Hi, how’re you doing?” feels to us. So this is my dimensionally-challenged approximation of these somewhat unfathomable beings in conversation.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.

Anérea has requested the following types of constructive criticism on this fanwork: Characterization, Conflict, Description/Imagery, Mood/Tone, Organization/Structure, Pacing, Plot, Point of View, Research, Setting, Spelling, Grammar, and Mechanics, Style, Worldbuilding. All constructive criticism must follow our diplomacy guidelines.