Death to the Young by Kaylee Arafinwiel

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for some of the B2MEM prompts over at Spring Into Arda/Fall for Tolkien. Death. Lots of it. This is the fall of Doriath. Also, nothing in canon says Celebrimbor has a son but nothing says he didn't, either.  That bit is a reference to my fic "A Warning Denied"  https://www.silmarillionwritersguild.org/node/1816/single?page=0

Fanwork Information

Summary:

As Dior lays dying, yearning to reach twin boys taken from his care, something deep within him cracks and slams into place. There's more of his grandmother Melian in him that he ever thought he would inherit. 
 

Major Characters: Dior

Major Relationships: Dior/Nimloth

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Horror

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Character Death

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 455
Posted on 1 March 2022 Updated on 1 March 2022

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

For B2MEM 2022. Dior's death from his and his sons' POV.

This is the fall of Doriath. There are a lot of dead bodies. 


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Oh Dior, you had warning they were coming, but in your arrogance you didn't see this coming. 

I like that his Grandmother still speaks to him, reassuring him that her student learned well... and that Galadriel came and saved Elwing and the jewel.

But so terribly, terribly sad that she hadn't found the twins in time, and sadder still that they found their parents' bodies before they themselves were taken.

And Tilion watches as Ithil passively shines light on events from on high...

Yes, exactly :(

Melian does her best to comfort her grandson in his dying moments. She had to leave Doriath for reasons that were not entirely her choice (I feel, anyway, that Elu's death would have pulled her West, but I'm not sure how canon that is) but I'm sure she still watches her descendants and communes with them when possible.

Galadriel did her best. At least she rescued Elwing, and the Silmaril, though the poor boys :( 

Sadly, there's not much Tilion can do about anything, so I fear he's becoming rather detached. I also HC that he was a friend of Celegorm back in Aman, as Orome's Maia, though I doubt he ever thought Celegorm would do something like *this*.

Omg, Kaylee! 

This is brilliantly written! You have such a way with words and the images they give... wow!

Whenever I can, I sooo enjoy reading your fics.