Gravity Is a Harsh Mistress by Grundy

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Three drabbles on a theme for Arda On Ice.

Major Characters: Curufin, Finrod Felagund, Turgon

Major Relationships: Curufin & Finrod & Turgon

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Fixed-Length Ficlet

Challenges: Arda on Ice

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 3 Word Count: 309
Posted on 14 April 2022 Updated on 14 April 2022

This fanwork is a work in progress.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Haha! This is so classic, I can just see these youngsters, so full of the confidence that comes from having a bit of knowledge, skill, and not nearly enough experience!

(Thank goodness they're Elves, they might not have lived to learn from it otherwise!)

Yes, they knew what they were doing...right up until gravity proved they didn't.

(Don't worry, young humans have tried similar things from similar heights and lived to tell the tale. There were all manner of shenanigans involving the shed roof and the tire swing at my great-aunt's when I was a kid, and the worst that ever happened was a broken leg.)

This fits right in with the flight sequence, adding all kinds of detail to the tale of the wooden wings. I love the line at the end, the image of broken wings and cousins, with how broken the cousins might be left to the imagination.