To Aman from Ard-Galen by Lferion

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Six drabbles and two drabble-poems, one for each of eight places, tracing a path between Beleriand and Aman.

Written for the X Marks the Spot challenge, difficult mode plus one.

Many thanks to Zhie for brainstorming, sanity-checking and encouragement.

Posted on AO3 here.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Places reflect on elves and events that were.

Major Characters:

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Experimental, Fixed-Length Ficlet, Poetry

Challenges: X Marks the Spot

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 867
Posted on 14 November 2022 Updated on 15 November 2022

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This really touched deep - the idea that the land itself was witness to all the events of those who passed through it or lived in it, it's just such a Tolkien idea, I love it!  Then contrasted with the Halls of Mandos do not remember... 

I really enjoyed this!  <3

I really like these reflections on the various places with your varied approach, the different points of view, the telling details, also the use of both prose and poetry.

If I had any skill in composing music, I would love to turn some of your poetry into songs. They're always so beautiful and I think they would sound amazing sung out loud.

I really loved how these drabbles all wove together, and the lands of Arda really are underappreciated characters. You really let them shine here!

Fantastic read! Really loved it!

What a lovely cycle! And the theme of remembering running through it all...

As ever I'm stuck on the poetry - Ard-Galen starts out sounding like it's nostalgic for the days gone by, but ends in something that feels to me like a children's nursery rhyme.