And Now For Something Completely Different... by Grundy

| | |

Fanwork Notes

1. Part of my Daughters of Celebrían verse, thus the crossover tag. (I think it still makes sense even if you don't know the rest of the stories in the verse.)

2. Orc society is... unpleasant. I don't think Morgoth and Sauron were any nicer to orcs than they were to elves, and treated them as means to an end. Over many years and generations, that led to bad places as anyone not tough enough or mean enough (by Morgoth and Sauron's standards) was killed off. Violence, attempted sexual assault, and dubcon off-screen. Crude language, mention of pregnancy/birth, slavery, ableism, and implications of violence against children. I think that's all the warnings... (This is why I don't write orcs often. Hoping I don't regret posting this.)

Fanwork Information

Summary:

The world changed when Sauron fell. Orcs have to adapt to survive, and the elves may have to try new things too.

Major Characters: Original Character(s), Other Fictional Character(s), Elladan, Elrohir

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Crossover

Challenges: X Marks the Spot

Rating: Adult

Warnings: Check Notes for Warnings, Mature Themes

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 6, 283
Posted on 15 November 2022 Updated on 15 November 2022

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Prompts:

An uphill battle (Ered Luin)

The shadow of the past (Thargelion)

A character is given good advice from an unlikely source (Lake Helevorn)

A character faces a challenge in nature (Himring)

Not a lot of options (Pass of Aglon)

Splendor lost (Anfauglith)

Underwhelmed (Angband)


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Wow!  The amount of world-building you put into this is amazing!  I love all the details and nuance, the group dynamics, the so real conflicts!   

I hope you'll continue this in some way?  I am very curious how the two young ones will get on with the elves that have decided to re-adopt them!

Have you by any chance read the book Windhome by Kristin Landon?  It very much reminds me of this to the degree that you may very much enjoy the book.

 

Thank you! Not all the worldbuilding happened just for this challenge - there's been hints and allusions to parts of it in other DoC stories. There will eventually be more, but I haven't the foggiest when - my goals for the rest of the year are to try to wind up one WIP and pivot to another. (I started something for an SWG challenge back in 2017 that's still going...)

I have not, but I'll check it out, thanks for the rec!