The Time of Moths and Warm Evenings by Maggie Honeybite

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for smaragdbird, for the Innumerable Stars exchange. Many thanks to Elfscribe for the beta.

So, this is slightly AU since I took some liberties with Idril's post-Fall of Gondolin PTSD experience and with Turgon's death. Not too much though. Idril was more of a badass in the source material than I let her be in this fic, but then again this is not a story about her. I've also used both accounts of Tuor's coming to Gondolin (the one from Unfinished Tales and the one from the Book of Lost Tales II) and cherrypicked the bits I liked, including stuff about Voronwë being a thrall of Melkor (which, again, I might have exaggerated a bit from what's in the source material).

There are a handful of turns of phrase I've lifted straight from Tolkien as well: the bit about spring being sweeter than heart's desire is from Unfinished Tales, and the title comes from the Book of Lost Tales II. There's also a bit from Unfinished Tales which I wish I could have included but couldn't quite manage: Tuor and Voronwë flee from orcs, burrow under a boulder and "side by side under the grey cloak they lay and panted like tired foxes." Which is just a stunning image and a gorgeous turn of phrase and man, I wish I had written it.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Voronwë leads Tuor across Beleriand and into Gondolin, and then faithfully serves and protects him and his family through all that follows. Which is just the natural order of things, isn’t it? All part of Ulmo’s grand plan, nothing much to see here, move along. Right? One day Tuor begins to suspect there might be more to it.

Major Characters: Tuor, Voronwë

Major Relationships: Tuor/Voronwë

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Adventure, Drama, Romance, Slash

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Mature Themes, Sexual Content (Mild), Violence (Mild)

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 3, 153
Posted on 26 November 2022 Updated on 27 November 2022

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.