Chase the Wind by StarSpray

| | |

Fanwork Notes

First chapter written for the 2022 X Marks the Spot challenge, medium difficulty, for the following prompts:

Doriath - A character gets lost
Pass of Aglon - Not a lot of options
Amon Ereb - A character can see something far off
Havens of Sirion - Coming and going
Arvernien - A character seeks safety

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Then he heard movement in the bushes. He tensed, hand going to the hilt of his knife, but the next sound to emerge was a small whimper. “Eluréd?” called Elurín from across the camp.
“One moment,” said Eluréd. He crept closer to the sound, and parted a few branches to find a bundle of blankets, tightly wrapped, and something squirming and crying inside them.
“What is it?” Elurín asked from behind him.
“A child.”

Major Characters: Original Female Character(s), Eluréd, Elurín

Major Relationships: Eluréd & Elurín

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Adventure, Family, General

Challenges: Jubilee, X Marks the Spot

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Violence (Moderate)

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 4, 130
Posted on 6 January 2023 Updated on 6 January 2023

This fanwork is a work in progress.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Quite an adventure! But, oh, that poor girl has lost all her people and I wonder whether the trio are out of danger yet.

Anyway, with Elured and Elurin to make sure of it, I expect the girl's future will be brighter.

This was delightful! (even for the tragedies)

I loved you showing these twins the love, and laughed at the bit where they didn't go in for all that actual 'parenting' stuff with Elrond's children, just the fun uncle stuff.

I'm sure that little girl is going to be so well loved!

You got me curious about this mysterious girl... and minorly worried about the twins, who since finding her seem to have found nothing but trouble.

"One" implies there will be a "Two" (or possibly more...?)

Intriguing beginning! I like all the detail you have put in. It is very easy to see the plains, the little clusters of trees where there is water. When they smelled the first smoke, my immediate thought was wildfire, not a fired camp (though a set fire all too easily becomes a wildfire under dry conditions). Well done with the suspense.

I'll be very interested to see where this goes.