In Dreams Revealed by daughterofshadows

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Inspired by this beautiful postcard made by the wonderful Anérea! This is part of my larger universe Beneath our Wings.

A black and white postcard of a desolated forest. Centre left is a a wooden gate behind which a sleeping woman in colour is visible.The back of a postcard. Text reads: My dear one, in dreams many desires are revealed and desire may be the last flicker of Estel. From: J.R.R. Tolkien. Athrabeth Finrod a Andreth. Morgoth's Ring.

 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Across the ages, Elrond dreams.

Major Characters: Elrond

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre:

Challenges: Manwë's Mailbag

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 399
Posted on 10 January 2023 Updated on 10 January 2023

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This... it's just so utterly beautiful and I don't even know where to start expressing what it's evoked in me...

Just as I'm feeling all Ahh! Happy days... come the flames...

The theme of wings, their colours, what they bring...

The dreams of lightness and the dark times that follow...

The descriptions and imagery, so vast and vivid...

His pervasive desire for peace and his persistent estel throughout...

Grundy chose well when she sent this postcard to you! I'm delighted you received it and absolutely love how you've infused the prompt in what you've created!

This was so beautiful! The imagery you used was very effective

He dreams of rebuilding and healing, of wounds slowly scabbing over and pain fading into the background.

It hits so deep and yet there is that bitter-sweetness of hope to it!

(Also, don't forget to add this to the Jubilee challenge also!) <3