Under the Ragged Thorn by elfscribe

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Request: elf/elf, yearning
I hope you enjoy this, senalishia. Tried to put multiple types of yearning in it. As usual with me, it wanted to be longer. Happy Valentine's day!

Written for My Slashy Valentine, 2023: For Keiliss
This fic is written in fond remembrance of Keiliss and inspired by her many wonderful tales of Middle-earth, particularly her characterizations of Erestor, Glorfindel, Elrond, and Gil-galad in ‘Even Quicker Than Doubt’ and the series, ‘Burning Bright: The Road’ that include versions of Glorfindel’s return to Middle-earth. The first time I braved writing a Slashy Valentine/Santa swap fic, back in 2006, Keiliss was my recipient and her prompts resulted in Ossë’s Gift, my first Glorestor story. Last year when I left a happy birthday image of Erestor for her on my LJ, (see ch. 2) she replied, 'Ah, Erestor, back in his information gathering days,' which was a direct influence on this story. She is much missed.

Beta: To my fabulous companion on the writing journey, Russandol! Thank you for your astute comments and suggestions, holding my hand, and being the best at keeping me motivated and self-confident! Hugs!

Fanwork Information

Summary:

The unexpected and mysterious return of Glorfindel, hero of Gondolin, to Middle-earth opens old wounds for Erestor. Can he overcome guilt and forge a new relationship with his old friend?

Written for 2023 My Slashy Valentine fic swap

Major Characters: Elrond, Erestor, Gil-galad, Glorfindel

Major Relationships: Elrond/Gil-galad, Erestor/Glorfindel

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, Hurt/Comfort, Romance, Slash/Femslash

Challenges:

Rating: Adult

Warnings: Sexual Content (Moderate), Violence (Moderate)

Chapters: 5 Word Count: 14, 086
Posted on 20 February 2023 Updated on 20 February 2023

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Chapter summary: Erestor returns after an extended absence, with disquieting news for Gil-galad and Elrond.

Chapter summary: Seeing Glorfindel again triggers terrible memories for Erestor.

Chapter summary: Gil-galad and Elrond decide Erestor needs a companion for his intelligence gathering foray. They have a certain golden-haired warrior in mind.

Chapter summary: After their sparring match, Erestor and Glorfindel open up to each other.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.