Live in the Moment by chrissystriped

| | |

Fanwork Notes

warning: conversation about death

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Finrod watches his lover sleep and things about their coming deaths. Luckily, Balan wakes to comfort him.

Major Characters: Balan, Bëor, Finrod Felagund

Major Relationships: Bëor/Finrod

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Ficlet, Hurt/Comfort, Slash

Challenges: Cheesy Corn Chips

Rating: General

Warnings: Check Notes for Warnings

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 573
Posted on 25 February 2023 Updated on 25 February 2023

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.

chrissystriped has requested the following types of constructive criticism on this fanwork: Spelling, Grammar, and Mechanics, Style. All constructive criticism must follow our diplomacy guidelines.


I love how you connected Finrod's foreseen doom to Bëor's mortality, because I've made the same connection myself and it made me so happy to read. I'm also really glad it has a fluffy ending, where they let themselves cast away those foreboding thoughts, because they deserve to live in the moment, while they both have time. This is beautiful, the soft touches, the sweet words, everything. I hope you write more for these two.

This is so tender and just lovely!

I love Finrod’s compassion, allowing the relationship to grow while knowing that the deeper it is the more he'll hurt when Beör's inevitable death comes.

And I really like the way Beör has the greater wisdom in this interaction, helping Finrod to be more present in the moment, without dismissing his fear of impending grief.

It's always of interest to me to consider inter mortal/immortal relationships and how they attempt to have empathy — to really feel into — each other's fates.

This is lovely to read, and some real feel-good.

This was a touching scene, you have written Finrod’s emotions beautifully. Ah, the idea that he doesn’t dare to love an immortal elf because of his dark fate looming ahead, but a mortal man - there might still be time for them.