Fly me to the Moon by daughterofshadows

| | |

Fanwork Notes

The genius loci of Minas Tirith (aka the city spirit) is one of the main characters of this fic. She is called Minas Tirith, so don't be confused.

I originally introduced the concept in A City and her Queen, which you might want to read beforehand.

Also contains brief references to And the nightingales sing.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Arwen remembers a dream, Aragorn makes a prediction, and Minas Tirith flies.

Millenia later, Eärendil gets company on the Vingilot and remembers his childhood.

Oh, and there are hot air balloons.

Major Characters: Original Female Character(s), Aragorn, Arwen, Eärendil

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre:

Challenges: Cheesy Corn Chips

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 583
Posted on 4 March 2023 Updated on 4 March 2023

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

This fic serves double duty as being my (first?) Cheesy Corn Chips submission and my first B2MEM prompt board fic.

The Cheesy Corn Chips prompt was the photo of two people watching hot air balloons rise.

The Random Number Generator picked the word prompt "tumble" from the board.

And yes, the title is a reference to the Frank Sinatra song. I felt it was appropriately cheesy

Now enjoy!


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Oh! This whole little series is utterly delightful! What a heartwarming concept, and so very much welcome in amongst the grief and tragedy of the legendarium.

I love the limbo that is Vingelot in this, the companionship of these these seems so fitting.

Lovely!

Thank you so much for your kind words!

To me, Vingilot is a bit like liminal spaces. A very special place. I honestly was debating giving Eärendil some sort of Flying Dutchman like task of sending mortal souls on the right path to reach the beyond, but that would have been an entire story in and of itself! So, limbo is a very apt description!

And I adore thinking about Arwen (and Elladan and Elrohir) meeting their paternal grandparents in unexpected ways, it's always fun to write!

Your idea of Beren and Lúthien in Minas Tirith is also still on my mind, maybe I'll do something with that and my ideas about Aragorn and Arwen's view on always being compared to them, we'll see.