We Built This City by Grundy

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Turgon's city is still just a dream. It will take good planning and hard work to make his vision a reality.

Major Characters: Turgon

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre:

Challenges: Cheesy Corn Chips

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1, 631
Posted on 11 March 2023 Updated on 12 March 2023

This fanwork is a work in progress.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Love all the logistics being considered here - and so true, those who support those building are just as vital as the builders themselves, and often overlooked (looking askance at Tolkien himself here!)

Wonderful!

It's so fascinating to see the planning of the building of Gondolin. Turukano wants really only the best for his people and expecially for little Itarille. It's so beautiful to see that Turgon is not as alone as one might think, his friends are there with hi,. Really really beautiful Grundy!!

I love this vision of the building, particularly the element of the stones being sung into shape, for protection as well as enjoyment.

I'd never thought of Turgon as a smith but I like the idea. I like his good-natured humility here, and he's so sensible too, I know a number of modern day so-called leaders whom I wish would be half as sensible!

I also appreciate the little background hints, like whose name is Sindarin and whose is Quenya, and his hope that Rog will be able to find healing, and by extension all his people who need it.

I'm curious as to who Aiqualossë is?