Part 06: Here in Our Frailty by Eilinel's Ghost

| | |

Fanwork Notes

“Let us not perish here in the long darkness,” Balan said softly, crossing back to take one of the waiting wreaths and set it upon his own brow, “these creatures you chose to form. Remember us, here in our frailty.”

It is Yuletide. The Atani and Finrod celebrate throughout the night as they stay awake to greet the dawn after the Longest Night. Balan's people settle into Estolad, Atani traditions abound, and Finrod faces some memories.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

“Let us not perish here in the long darkness,” Balan said softly, crossing back to take one of the waiting wreaths and set it upon his own brow, “these creatures you chose to form. Remember us, here in our frailty.”

It is Yuletide. The Atani and Finrod celebrate throughout the night as they stay awake to greet the dawn after the Longest Night. Balan's people settle into Estolad, Atani traditions abound, and Finrod faces some memories.

Major Characters: Balan, Bëor, Finrod Felagund

Major Relationships: Bëor/Finrod

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, General

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Violence (Mild)

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 9, 672
Posted on 31 March 2023 Updated on 31 March 2023

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Apologies for the longer stretch between posting Part 05 and this one. I was accosted by some extremely rude and persistent writer’s block that refused to take the hint and leave the party. We now return to our usual programming (hopefully).

Still anticipating this to be a ~15-20 part series Now anticipating this to be at least a 25 part series because I do not know how to be remotely normal about these two.

Thanks once again for bearing with the slow burn.

------

As always, I am so very sorry to write YET ANOTHER piece that includes paragraphs featuring three separate individuals named Balan, Baran, and Belen. Please do, in fact, blame Tolkien entirely for this and pay close attention to everything between the B’s and N’s.

With that in mind:

A QUICK EDAIN PRIMER for anyone who doesn’t obsessively carry the Bëorian family tree around rent-free in their heads:
Balan: the Atani chieftain later known as Bëor
Baran: Balan/Bëor’s eldest son
Belen: Balan/Bëor’s second son
Original characters: Estreth (sister of Balan's deceased wife), Hathus, Eimet, Meyla, Avina


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.