Within the Ashes by FactorialRabbits

| | |

Fanwork Notes

I have imported this story from ao3, having written it some years ago as a student. I hope you have a good time with it

Fanwork Information

Summary:

In the face of dragon-fire and misery, Maedhros rides to the aid of his eldest younger brother. Eventually things are said but not discussed. If either is for the best is neither here nor there.

Major Characters: Maedhros, Maglor

Major Relationships: Maedhros & Maglor

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Family, Hurt/Comfort

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Violence (Moderate)

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 7, 828
Posted on 2 May 2018 Updated on 28 May 2023

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Original Notes:

It's been a very, very long time since I've written anything for sharing. I've also never written anything to here or within this fandom before. I was going to continue lurking and barely using my account as I didn't realise it had logged out, but my housemate has somehow convinced me that sharing my work is not going to end up with me crying in a puddle in the middle of my exams.

My naming convention was chosen by method of what I could spell, and this was largely written because I could find very few fics dealing with this and these characters and I wanted to read more of them. I can't honestly remember what I was reading at the time I wrote this (its been on my hard drive for a number of months), but there are probably similarities to others about the same thing. If I've accidentally stolen something of yours, please let me know and I will do my best to credit or remove. Names of characters I made up due to feeling like they needed names are in the end-notes, along with a brief description of their function.

Some of the timings are odd because elven horses are weird. (This and elven biology is weird is my sort-of excuse for all the various biological and medical inaccuricies I am ignoring). I think there's also a reference to Erestor somewhere? I'm not sure which edit that was in.

Sort-of plans exist for covering the same events from the PoVs of some of the other characters of the same events, but if I ever write them is an entirely different matter. I have so many sort-of plans

Also inhaling large amounts of dragon smoke totally causes you to hallucinate parrallel universes where the events of history are slightly-to-majorly different. Why wouldn't it?

I should probably reread this note and cut rambling, but if I do I'll never actually post this story and I'll get bugged again by my housemate, so... I hope you enjoy something here!


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.

FactorialRabbits has requested the following types of constructive criticism on this fanwork: Spelling, Grammar, and Mechanics. All constructive criticism must follow our diplomacy guidelines.