Underwater friends by daughterofshadows

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Osse's drabble was originally created for the Drabble Duel in response to the prompt "(Sedna) roamed the deep, the cold forgotten deep, no one wants to be alone." It is set in the Deep Sea so if you find anglerfish and similar creepy, you might want to skip this fic (or scroll past to the second drabble)

Uinen's drabble is a response to the Bestiary challenge Coral reef/Sea anemone pictures.

 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Two snapshots. Osse and Uinen under the sea.

Major Characters: Ossë, Uinen

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Fixed-Length Ficlet

Challenges: Bestiary of Arda

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 204
Posted on 30 May 2023 Updated on 30 May 2023

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


These are such lovely snapshots! I particularly liked Osse's observations of bioluminescence in the deeps--Starlight would never reach them, so instead they had created their own. That's a wonderful line!

I like how there is both a clear difference in mood between the Osse and Uinen pieces, but also somehow a shared angle: the appreciation of wild nature.

They really complement each other very well and I like your descriptions.