It's not easy, but it's worth it by daughterofshadows

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written because I'm aro and like to project personal experiences on my favourite blorbos - in this case Gil-Galad. Arwen and Círdan are just along for the ride. (and because I was mad about someone disregarding the plausible presence of aromantics in Tolkien once again)

If you've read any of my other stories involving Círdan and/or Ereinion, you know that I'm a firm supporter of them being aromantic. Aro Arwen is something that I haven't explored quite so much yet, but I'm very excited to do so in the future.

A Secret Gate submission, difficulty level Easy.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Three characters, three moments. Three stages of the same journey. The road of self-acceptance is never smooth.

Major Characters: Arwen, Círdan, Gil-galad

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: Secret Gate

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 280
Posted on 4 July 2023 Updated on 4 July 2023

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Círdan is the happy, aromantic adult I need in my life.

Aerchen is genderfluid, though that doesn't turn up in this fic.

Ereinion is slowly coming to terms with his identity.

Arwen is just beginning to figure things out.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.