When the Phoenix Cries by kimikocha

| | |

Fanwork Notes

This fic was written for the following prompt: "Don't worry, you're supposed to bleed the first time," feat. Ar-Pharazon/Mairon. The first chapter can be seen as a different standalone fic in and of itself, and largely consists of explicit noncon (hurt/no comfort). Subsequent chapters include references to and brief depictions of historical noncon, but do not include it as an onscreen, contemporaneous event.

This fic interprets Númenor as a volcanic island. Were it to be destroyed onscreen, its downfall would be attributed to a massive volcanic eruption.

This fic features the original characters Lilóteo and Nimruzimir from AdmirableMonster's wonderful Númenor-centric fic, "The Fates of Man." Many thanks to BloodwingBlackbird for the beta!

Content Warnings: In addition to those already listed, this fic includes what may be seen as detailed descriptions of internal and external anatomy, including descriptions of injuries. It also includes depictions of human(oid) decomposition, inclusive of insect activity. Sequelae of trauma are depicted throughout. Finally, if you may find it difficult to read content which features sympathetic depictions of characters that have perpetrated abuse and general harm to others, up to and including violent sexual assault (SA), this may not be the fic for you. Please take care of yourself and exercise discretion as appropriate.

In general, thoughts and attitudes may be shown which do not reflect those of the author. Content should not be viewed as prescriptive with respect to real life.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

“It's not your fault,” whispers a voice very like Tyelpë’s — but Tyelpë isn’t here. There is no succor left for Mairon; no refuge in this land of Men permitted only to stand at the gates of the world and gaze in longing toward its glory.

In Númenor, Mairon longs for what he has lost. Tyelpë comes to find him.

Major Characters: Celebrimbor, Sauron

Major Relationships: Celebrimbor/Sauron

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Alternate Universe, Drama, Hurt/Comfort

Challenges:

Rating: Adult

Warnings: Check Notes for Warnings, Domestic and Partner Violence, Mature Themes, Rape/Nonconsensual Sex, Sexual Content (Graphic), Violence (Moderate)

Chapters: 3 Word Count: 19, 946
Posted on 15 July 2023 Updated on 8 September 2023

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Table of Contents

This chapter in its entirety depicts nonconsensual sex (rape) and its immediate aftermath. No comfort is provided to the survivor in that aftermath, and the survivor remains and believes themself to be in a situation where additional like acts will be perpetrated against them. Please exercise discretion according to your best judgment.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.