Shadow's Scribbles 2023 - Hobbit & LotR Edition by daughterofshadows

Fanwork Information

Summary:

The gallery for my Lord of the Rings and Hobbit inspired Scribbles & Drabbles 2023 art.

Some cracky, some serious, mostly dwarves and hobbits.

Major Characters:

Major Relationships:

Genre:

Type: Craft, Fiber/Textile Art, Moodboard/Collage

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Posted on 12 August 2023 Updated on 12 August 2023

Lavender Love

Prompt:

Dís/Belladonna Took. Polyamory totally welcome, include the kids if you want, or don't include them, the choice is yours. Modern AU or canon.

Should feature flower crowns, hair braiding, happiness and an adventure!

Just give me two ladies being in love and supporting each other.

A 5 part collage: Top left: A photograph of lavender flowers. Top right: A brunette woman standing in a field of lavender. Bottom right: a close-up of a lilac bloom. Bottom left: A dark-haired woman wearing a flower crown. In the centre: The lesbian pride flag. 5 horizontal stripes - Red, orange, white, light pink, dark pink

Lost books - What happens to stories when the city burns?

Prompt:

Dwarven Cities have a terrible history of burning down, being ransacked or otherwise destroyed and forcing their inhabitants to search new lands. Books are rather unwieldy, heavy and therefore difficult to transport. How does this affect storytelling in dwarrow culture? Is it largely oral storytelling? What role do scribes play, like Ori who documented the last days of the failed Moria expedition? Is their work valued, or seen as nonsensical because sooner or later a new disaster will strike and their books will be lost?

The concept of storytelling. Displacement/Loss of homes. Things left behind or lost on the road. Write me a tragedy about a dying people and the stories they hold on to.

A 6 part collage: Top left corner: A dark, spooky forest. Centre left: Text reading "Lost Books. What happens to the stories when the city burns?" in white font on dark green background. Bottom left: a shelf overflowing with books. Centre bottom: A burning house. Bottom right: A line of marble columns. Top right: A photograph of a handwritten letter. The writing is not legible.

Ra-Hobbits

Prompt:

So as we all know, some hobbits live in hobbit holes. And those look kind of like rabbit warrens, right? What if they actually are? What if hobbits are actually were-rabbits? Innocent looking creatures who can turn into rabbits of unusual size when the full moon is high in the sky? (or another specific set of conditions apply) What then? Hopefully, you’ll be able to tell me! Queer and POC characters welcome and encouraged! Maybe throw in some interactions with non-hobbits, too!

Would like to see: Rabbits of unusual size having dug out the smials. Shenanigans. Hobbits. Humour!

A 4 part collage: Top left: a path through a corn-field. Centre-top: In a cirle, an image of a green door to a smial from the Jackson movies. Centre right: A rabbit. Bottom left: Flowers backlit by the setting sun.

Chapter End Notes

Context:

A prompt from event participants that ran away from me. I suppose this is what they mean with plot bunny!


Pocket-sized secrets

Prompt:

Tell me what's hiding in these bags!

A photograph of three crocheted bags. A grey one with a purple string to pull it close, a green one with a grey string and a purple one with a green string.

Dawn's Glory

A piece for the In Memoriam Gallery for Keiliss, based on her prompt of "Ochre, Dawn, Erestor and Salt"

A collage of 3 paintings: Top row: sunrise over a forest. Bottom left: bookshelves. Bottom right: An abstract painting of many shades of yellow and orange and ochre

Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.