Don't Look Back by Grundy

| | |

Fanwork Notes

I've used one prompt from each of the bingo boards:

Jazz Age - WWI literature
Roaring Twenties - crosswords
Les Annees Folles - The Holy Terrors
Die Goldenen 20er - Die Tote Stadt

Warnings: non-graphic war injuries, and a slight ick factor (it turns out when you visit the ruins of a city Morgoth destroyed, you may see some unpleasant things...and by 'things', I mean remains of elves.)

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Elrond and Elros steal some time to go on a private adventure during the War of Wrath.

Major Characters: Elrond, Elros

Major Relationships: Elrond & Elros

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre:

Challenges: Roaring Twenties

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Check Notes for Warnings

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 7, 370
Posted on 8 September 2023 Updated on 8 September 2023

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

I started this treat after seeing the evocative sketch Oxbridge submitted for TRSB23 104 in the preview gallery. As I understand it, Oxbridge had to drop out of the event, so art for the concept was then completed by pinch hit artist fishing4stars. (Their finished art is below, go be complimentary about it here!) I've tried to incorporate elements from both into the story.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Being a lord of Gondolin was fairly fatal.

Oof.  I mean honestly just being Noldo wasn't much better.

“I don’t remember our father at all,” Elros muttered.

🥺

Something of our family , he meant.

Imagine how Elrond felt about that eons later when the Dwarves show up with just that!!  I wonder if he thought back to this  moment and was glad they had been recovered at all.

Elros noted that he’d managed to convey appropriate respect for princes along with sarcasm so cutting he was tempted to ask to borrow the man’s whetstone.

😂

This was such a lovely story!! <3

Very well done! (Pelendur has his work cut out for him, rather :-).) The image of the alley of roses is really amazing. 

I hope Elrond was able to help the person who touched that crown. And I noticed how Glamdring was conspicuous in its absence. Headcanon accepted.

I enjoyed the brother's spirits, in the midst of all that, but also appreciated the more serious and darker themes running through.

Very well written and I could really visualize the setting.

And I am fond of your OC Pelendur!