The Last Story by Aldwen

| | |

Fanwork Notes

This is a story I have previously posted on some other sites, a story about memories. A story about Elves and trees and about Eregion, the Land of Hollies. Hugs and thousand thanks to Ellynn for beta-reading!

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Only stones now remember the Elves or Eregion… Is it true? A Silvan Elf learns better as he listens to the story of an ancient holly-tree.

Major Characters: Original Agender Character(s), Celebrimbor, Legolas Greenleaf

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 3, 537
Posted on 18 October 2023 Updated on 18 October 2023

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This story is very touching to me! I like the moments of connection between Legolas and the old tree.

Growing things and crafted things shall dwell in harmony here, and we shall call this land Eregion. - I like that -- it seems very in-character for Celebrimbor, that he wants to build without destroying!

Celebrimbor has an open heart and friendship for everyone. His city thrives and grows in beauty, and his people grow in skill. - That's a lovely description! And it's how I think of Celebrimbor too.

I like the tree's empathy and concern towards Celebrimbor and his people! And I like seeing the rise and fall of Eregion from the tree's point of view -- it's an unusual perspective, but an enjoyable one! It's touching again how the tree is happy to know that the Noldor who lived there could live again in the West, and its thoughts of being reborn there with them. The ending is beautiful and sad but hopeful, very fitting for the Silmarillion.