The Light is Still There by Aldwen

| | |

Fanwork Notes

A First Age story that started quite accidentally a year ago with a one-chapter battle scene and ended with more than 50 thousand words. 

I never thought I would be writing from Arafinwë’s point of view, but I definitely learned a lot about him, and I quite like him. :)

About Ingwil: he is Arafinwë’s cousin, Ingwë’s son. Instead of ‘Ingwion’ I used the name given to him in the ‘Nature of Middle Earth’, as I simply like the sound of it better. I go with the version where Arafinwë and Ingwil are both of the same generation (Arafinwë’s mother Indis is Ingwë’s sister).

About the Edain taking part in the War of Wrath – they did that. In this story, however, they do not take part in the siege of Angband but fight the servants of Morgoth in southern lands and along the coast of Beleriand.

As always, thousand thanks and hugs to Ellynn for beta-reading and suggestions that helped to improve this!!!

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Do wars start with the first fired arrow and end with the last? Or maybe they start already with the realization that they need to be fought? And never truly end, as long as the memory of them haunts those who took part? Arafinwë’s story of the War of Wrath. Previously posted on other sites.

Major Characters: Original Male Character(s), Finarfin, Ingwion

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Adventure, Hurt/Comfort

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Character Death, Torture, Violence (Moderate)

Chapters: 31 Word Count: 51, 100
Posted on 24 October 2023 Updated on 28 November 2023

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.