Letter for you by daughterofshadows

| | |

Fanwork Notes

This will make a great deal more sense if you have read the first two chapters of my fic Hobbits & Rangers, since this sets up Arador's and Belladonna's friendship.

Headcanons & worldbuilding notes are in the chapter notes.

Written for the Experimental Challenge, prompt: Epistolary

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Over the course of their friendship, Arador and Belladonna write many letters to each other.

Here are two of them.

Major Characters: Arador, Belladonna Took Baggins

Major Relationships: Arador & Belladonna Took Baggins

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Experimental

Challenges: Experimental

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 257
Posted on 26 October 2023 Updated on 27 October 2023

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

After Arador and Belladonna meet in 2857, they, helped by the Goodbody family (see fic linked in Story Notes), begin a project that tightens working relationships between the rangers guarding the Shire and the bounders.

These letters are set about fifteen-ish years after their initial meeting.

The ranger-bounder collaboration continues very successfully until shortly after the death of Arathorn, but is picked up again by Aragorn when he first ventures into the Shire and meets Emerald Goodbody.

This fic utilises Lotro worldbuilding and set-up in parts, since the original prompt for H&R was about Halros, a ranger from the Lotro game.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.