Forest-dwellers by chrissystriped

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Rog helps a visitor with his prosthesis.

Major Characters: Original Male Character(s), Rog

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: Middle-earth Is Multitudes, New Year's Resolution

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 649
Posted on 11 February 2024 Updated on 11 February 2024

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Written for the challenge 'Middle-earth is Multitudes' for the prompts: 'Avari' and 'Characters with a physical disability'


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.

chrissystriped has requested the following types of constructive criticism on this fanwork: Spelling, Grammar, and Mechanics, Style. All constructive criticism must follow our diplomacy guidelines.


I like the interaction between Rog and this visitor of his, how they understand each other.

Good that Rog is able to help him and knows how to do so tactfully.

Although I feel it is fine for Rog to prefer being a forest-dweller, it saddens me that he thinks he cannot face Aredhel.

Rog was a leader by necessity, but he gets along much better with people who are as solitary as him than with the other Lords of Gondolin.

He feels so guilty about not realising what was going on with Maeglin. He's always been so sure he could see if someone couldn't be trusted after captivity and he thinks he should have noticed Maeglin had been captured. I think Aredhel might have to come visit and talk some sense into him ;)

There's so much going on in this lovely little piece. The visitor not intending to come back, or at least not here, the idea of Maedhros' hand catching on more widely, Rog becoming a forest dweller, him feeling he can't face Aredhel... (I wonder what she thinks?)

Thank you for your comment! I have way to many headcanons about Rog and Avari and other people who aren't exactly happy to have been brought to Valinor one way or another.

Rog was always so sure he could detect if someone couldn't be trusted after captivity and he's feeling so guilty that he didn't notice Maeglin had been captured. I think Aredhel wouldn't blame him for not finding out, she might shout at him for hiding from her, though, if she finds out.

He knew, he’d meet Aredhel with the Hunt and how could he look her in the eyes when he’d failed her boy so much.

oooooooooo

The plot thickens!