The Sentiment of Steel by Kenaz

| | |

Fanwork Notes

For Trekqueen.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

The Sentiment of Steel, or "Sentiment du Fer": a fencer’s ability to use his sword to feel and manipulate the opponent’s sword. A concept with which Glorfindel and Ecthelion are far too familiar.

Major Characters: Ecthelion of the Fountain, Glorfindel, Rog, Salgant, Turgon

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, Slash/Femslash

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Expletive Language, Sexual Content (Mild)

Chapters: 7 Word Count: 8, 716
Posted on 3 January 2016 Updated on 3 January 2016

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Assault: A fencing bout (generally at an exhibition) performed without keeping score; friendly combat between two fencers.

Engagement : Blades are in contact.

Chasser les Mouches [ Fr., “to chase flies”]: an old French fencing phrase pejoratively referring to frantic parrying, thereby resembling swatting at flies.

Corps à Corps: "Body-to-body;" physical contact between the two fencers during a bout, illegal in foil and sabre.

Cartel: A hand delivered written notice of challenge describing the cause of the offence that provoked a duel of honor.

Retreat: To move away from the opponent by stepping sequentially with first the rear foot, followed by the front foot, keeping the orientation of the feet constant, relative to each other.

Coup de Grace: The dagger stroke given to mercifully end the suffering of a wounded duelist.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.