Reminders by Elleth

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for Indy for Fandom Stocking 2015.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

One winter in Eriador, Maglor receives a summons to Imladris for the season, and finds more than he bargained for along the way.

Major Characters: Maglor, Original Female Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1, 826
Posted on 10 January 2016 Updated on 10 January 2016

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


An interesting idea! Many of the surviving Feanorians that I've encountered in stories about the Second and Third Age seem to have been battered veterans. One feels there can't have been very many children born that late in the First Age, but that doesn't mean there were none--and they would feel rather differently about things, wouldn't they?

Clearly, Iesglin is going to do Maglor good.

Thank you, Himring! And I agree about the majority of the Fëanorians at that point being battered veterans - it makes good sense for them to be, too, especially if they remained loyal and were along for the whole tragedy (or even only part of it - that'd be enough, I'm sure), but I can't believe there were not at least a few children or younger Elves around - the Long Peace wasn't that long ago, and I can't believe there wasn't a push to carry on with life as best they could, children included, if not as many as before the Bragollach. And they would feel very different, that's pretty much unavoidable growing up in that environment. 

I agree that she is going to do him good! With someone fairly energetic and cheerful it'll be harder for him to cling to his existential despair, at the very least. :)