The doom of Elwe by ford_of_bruinen

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for the Around The Fire challange. Prompt: 

  • I'd like a story about Thingol, but not that maniac who ended up under a dwarf's axe, only a happy man, king, husband or father -- your pick. Thank you :)
Fanwork Information

Summary:

Elwe/ Thingol enters a magical wood on his journey to the west, nightingales sing and you know the rest ;)

Major Characters: Elu Thingol

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Poetry

Challenges: Around the Fire

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 78
Posted on 5 October 2016 Updated on 5 October 2016

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


You have every reason to be proud of this poem because it is really beautiful. I'm very happy that my prompt inspired you and this is what I secretly hoped to get :)

You beautifully captured the nature of nature :) and that it can soothe a soul. I love the way you depicted it.

And there she was...

Thank you!

Thank you Binka! Writing takes a lot longer than it used to and i really wasnt sure if it managed to capture what i wanted it too. From your review it evidentally did so huge thank you for that :)

I am glad you enjoyed it. 

The way thingol just disappeared from the journey has always appealed to me same as the idea of melian as both something that looks like the quendi but who is at the same time completely alien so I tried for both, a wish for peace and escape from responibility and the idea of Melian as the lady of the woods, leading unwary wanderers astray :)

 

So yes there she was indeed 

 

Loved this prompt was just what i needed to write again so thank YOU for starting to give me my voice back xx