The Chain That Snaps by Independence1776

| | |

Fanwork Notes

There was a post floating about on Tumblr titled "No Shame November," which challenged people to write a self-indulgent fic and not be too ashamed to post it. I wasn't going to do it… and then I did.

The title is from the Sauron-Finrod song battle in the Silm.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Elrond rescues Maglor from a laboratory. Hurt/comfort.

Major Characters: Elrond, Galadriel, Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General, Horror

Challenges:

Rating: Adult

Warnings: Torture

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 2, 680
Posted on 18 November 2016 Updated on 18 November 2016

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I like that Celebrian is such an efficient and important member of this rescue party--almost a family affair. (Oh, and Galadriel, too, of course!)

I hope Maglor really is safe, but whatever Valinor is going to be like, at least he is allowed to feel safe right then, with Elrond.

 

 

Oh my, this is such a dark and interesting premise! I've read many Maglor-in-the-future stories but none quite like this. (That's a compliment, just to be perfectly clear! :)

I love that you've given such competence to Celebrian too. I like imagining her fixing the van and going to the dump in disguise. This story could have been five times longer, and I would have gladly soaked it in!

Thank you! I've honestly been craving a fic like this for years and finally figured out how to write it.

I adore Celebrían; if I can work her into a story, I will.

My original idea was going to go into more detail about everything, but it wasn't working even in my head, so I dismissed it. And not two hours later, the opening line popped into my head. The depersonalization and detachment is what the story needed at that point. As writer, the story did everything I wanted. As a reader, I'd probably want more, too!