Ashes of the Past by Lyra

Fanwork Information

Summary:

On the eve of her wedding, a young Sinda makes a shocking discovery about her family history.

Major Characters: Original Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: Ancestors

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1, 370
Posted on 25 September 2017 Updated on 25 September 2017

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Awww! Loved that last line:

"Well, should you ever have a child that is hot-tempered or rebellious, red-faced or, for that matter, red-haired... you can tell him that it runs in your mother's family."

I tease Laura like that all the time. All of her virtures are from me--all of her faults from her dad. Actually, it helps my argument that she looks incredibly like I did when I was young.

A really fun story. I love family stories--this is going to be a great challenge for me!

Glad you enjoyed it! It was supposed to be typical family banter (well, aside from the SURPRISE!Feanorian roots ;)). Jörg and I like to complain that our kids are incredibly stubborn and argumentative. Then we exchange exasperated glances and declare that we have no idea where they've got it from!
(Back when Jörg was into genealogy, the "oldest" ancestor he found was a 17th century farmer who dragged his landlord to court over tax irregularities! So it does run in the family. XD)
Looking forward to your story!

It looks as if more than one character here inherited a certain Feanorion's hot temper! *g*

I could easily imagine a Feanorian wanting to erase herself from history and choosing to live among the Sindar or Silvans.

It wouldn't have occurred to me that they might choose to teach history, though!

Yeah, it's not a recessive trait. ;) I don't think Tirniel planned or even chose to teach history, but since I assumed that her work at the orphanages would include teachers, and I don't think they would have had specialised teachers for different subjects for young children, so history would be one of her duties. Otherwise, she'd probably have specialised in geography (or possibly linguistics?)! Glad the rest of the concept works for you!