Going Through These Stages by Lyra

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Elrond receives fateful news from Númenor, and has to come to terms with them.

Written for the "Competition" Challenge, for the prompt Lights and Shadows by O'G3NE. Rather less encouraging than the song, I'm afraid.

Major Characters: Elrond

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges: Competition

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Character Death

Chapters: 4 Word Count: 1, 944
Posted on 10 June 2018 Updated on 11 December 2018

This fanwork is a work in progress.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


So painful but well done. I have no doubt that Elrond's grief much have been nearly unbearable. But time does heal the extremity of grief if it never erases the longing and sense of loss. That Elrond endured so many losses of loved ones, I have always found heartbreaking. (That's why I insist upon believing that Elladan and Elrohir did eventually sail West.)

Thank you so much! (I somehow hadn't noticed this comment until now, which is why I'm responding so late - sorry!) I'm glad that both aspects work for you. It is indeed very difficult for Elrond to come to terms with Elros' fate, since it's so fundamentally different from his own.