Umbar - Where the Stars are Strange by oshun

| | |

Fanwork Notes

I am almost a virgin when it comes to anything south of Gondor. So perhaps I can do better in the future. I was involved in a romance/ambiance in my imagination which probably has little or nothing to do with canon. Enjoy!

Fanwork Information

Summary:

There they made a refuge for all the enemies of the king, and a lordship independent of his crown. Umbar remained at war with Gondor for many lives of men..(‘Appendix A’ ~ The Lord of the Rings) 

Major Characters: Númenóreans

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: B2MeM 2019

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1
Posted on 28 March 2019 Updated on 28 March 2019

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


To be honest. Colors are the whole story. Constantinople, the Sahara, Persia, and a guy who is probably supposed to be one of the Nizari, don't have much to do with Umbar but conjured up for me some vaguely exotic, where-the-stars-are-strange imaginary land that I don't know much about. My own personal cliches and the colors are all that time them together. But I still loved the look of them all. I'm imagining Aragorn coming from a northern land of shadowy forests and cold winters visiting these places for the first time.

Thanks.