High Hopes by Lyra

Fanwork Information

Summary:

A little painting for Oshun in celebration of her 100th character bio, vaguely inspired her fic "False Spring" (the mood more than any specific scene). Maedhros and Fingon, surveying the land and making plans - or maybe just cheerfully talking upon the parapets of Himring. A moment of high hope and confidence before everything goes pear-shaped.

Major Characters: Fingon, Maedhros

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre:

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1
Posted on 7 June 2019 Updated on 7 June 2019

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Fingon looks a bit weird, for which I apologise. Never a good idea to depict someone while he's talking...


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


OMG! I love this! I think it conjures up exactly the mood I was going for in the story. They look so relaxed and casual with one another, but still 100% sure of themselves in the way that only scions of Finwe could look--aristocratic without any self-awareness of the impression that they might make (which is how I imagine them). I love the intimacy in the way each one leans into the other without actually touching. I am glad you picked that story. I am rather fond of it myself.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you! Wow! Aren't I a lucky author?

Glad I got the mood right! And I'm so happy that you like the way I depicted them, too - that you're seeing the intimacy in their posture and the self-assuredness behind their relaxed expressions. :D
It is a wonderful story - they're all so much human and so much alive, and it hurts in a good way to think of what's going to become of all their grand plans.
You're extremely welcome! If you'd like to have the original, let me know.