Forgotten Stories Remembered in Other Lands by LadyBrooke

| | |

Chapter 1


Elmar knows the stories of her people.

She knows that they used to be allied with elves, long ago in the First Age, before most of the Men who served in the Host went to Númenor.

Her people fled when their lands crumbled into the sea, too far away to hear of the offer at the time, and unwilling to go when later news reached them. But they kept their tongue, no matter how often they were driven forth from their lands.

Now she stands before Baldur, and he speaks of his people as though they will always be in these lands.

And Elmar knows these things too.

She knows that Númenor is invading more and more lands every day, to live in and to exploit.

Her people are here, but her people are also there, the ones who speak the same tongue as she and will come to these lands one day.

She knows that Baldur’s people will too become exiles, driven from these lands by the forces of Númenor.

And her grandson will be the one to understand them, even though she and he will never meet.

He will be the one who heralds Agar’s destruction and exile.


Chapter End Notes

So my "Fell Folk" from the story of Tar-Elmar are descendants of the House of Hador who fled east during the course of the war against Morgoth, settled there, and didn't catch the boat to Númenor.

There is probably a less complicated way to explain them, but I like the whole East-West-East-West cycle that shows up sometimes with Tolkien's characters just moving back and forth and wanted a more messy version of what happened in the course of it, because for a horrific land mass destroying war, there actually didn't seem to be that many groups going "The town just sunk into the ocean, let's get out of here!"


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment