More Than One Hundred Words About Maedhros by Himring

| | |

Fanwork Notes

The series as a whole is Maedhros/Fingon.

For warnings see chapter notes.

 

(Having realized that "Fingon Toasts the Stars" actually fits the "Wish Upon a Star" challenge, which has just come up again, I've now sneakily tagged it, pretending I remembered this when I wrote it.)

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Short pieces that are not true drabbles and are part of my Maedhros series.

Now added: Fingon Toasts the Stars (free verse)

Major Characters: Elrond, Elros, Fingon, Maedhros

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre:

Challenges: Wish upon a Star

Rating: Creator Chooses Not to Rate

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 11 Word Count: 1, 997
Posted on 7 May 2012 Updated on 22 May 2016

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Table of Contents

 

Maedhros ponders the question of free will

Characters: Maedhros, Fingon

Rating: Teens

Warnings: mild sexual content, mature themes.

At the time it seemed so obvious to me which b2MeM prompts and posts I was reacting to here that I didn't record it. Now I can't find them... Anyway, the prompts were none of mine.

Before and after the Nirnaeth: a legacy.

Characters: Fingon, Maedhros, Elros, Elrond

Written for Elleth, in response to her cinquain A Moment After Rain.

Warnings: none.

A Maedhros/Fingon fade-to-grey.

Warnings: moderate sexual content (not very explicit: see fade-to-grey).

Rating: Teens-ish.

Too many, too much...

Originally written for Aliana's Bad Sex Challenge--but only sort of.

Rating: Teens

Fingon's POV

Maedhros is trying, he really is. But the past gets in the way.

Characters: Maedhros and Elrond.

Written for B2MeM 2013--well, sort of.

Rating: Teens.

Warning: mature themes

Maedhros's POV

 

More about love than about death, but ultimately about both.

Maedhros's POV

Rating: Teens

Warning: mature themes

Maedhros experiences the arrival of early spring in Lothlann, just after the foundation of Himring.

 

Gen. No warnings.

Set in Valinor after Maedhros's re-embodiment.

Angst, hurt/comfort

Teens

Sometimes more is less.

Mild Hurt/Comfort (Maedhros/Fingon)

Teens

On one of the less often considered disadvantages of being the lover of Maedhros the Tall.

Humorous fluff originally written and posted (on LiveJournal) as a birthday present for Havisham (Agelast).

Rating: Teens (mild sexual content).

Fingon, by himself, musing on the night sky, glass in hand.

Actually less than one hundred words (despite the title of the series) and also in free verse, but it seemed to fit here better than in any of the other collections.

Rated Teens on other archives, for not very tangible reasons to do with mood.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Oh, thank you! I'm happy to hear you like The Sound of Our Voices. A lot of my short pieces are fairly spontaneous, but this one was more so than most. So it almost feels as if I didn't work hard enough on it, but when I look at it, there's nothing I'm ready to change right now.

 

Ah- you  are right. I suppose I mean, more self contained - certainly not lacking passion and fire, but more thoughtful and refelctive. Your Maedhros is clearly affected deeply by Angband, as he would be. Its making me think quite a lot more about all this and you probably are the World MAedhros expert!! :)

Yes, that is more or less what Maedhros is afraid of at that moment, although he is not in a state in which he would be able to put that clearly to himself or think it through. But, as you say, he is not!

Thank you very much for your comment and I'm very glad this piece worked for you!