Illegal Noldorin Immigrants by Himring

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Cracky sequel to my cross-over fic Fallen through the Cracks, which was written for a previous SWG Challenge (I recommend reading the other fic first, if you haven't yet).

Inspired by a comment by reader OspreyEamon on that fic over on AO3.

The "Also Appearing" prompt is, obviously, "Mount Olympus".

(There are also LGBTQIA+ references, but I am not suggesting that these are sufficient for the Pride Month stamp, as the actual characters concerned appear in the earlier fic.)

 

Now with an extra (please heed the warning in the chapter notes of the second chapter).

Fanwork Information

Summary:

On Mount Olympus, Zeus receives a puzzling report about unusual activities among the Amazons.

His female relatives appear to know more about these than they let on.

Major Characters: Legendary/Mythical Character(s), Eldalótë, Elenwë, Lalwen

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Crackfic, Crossover

Challenges: Also Appearing

Rating: General

Warnings: Check Notes for Warnings

Chapters: 2 Word Count: 614
Posted on 2 July 2022 Updated on 16 July 2022

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

The conversation on Mount Olympus

Three Noldorin ladies explain to Herakles (aka Hercules) why they decided he needed to be sat on.

Originally written as comment fic for Grundy, to whom thanks for the inspiration!

 

Please note that this addition should perhaps be rated Teens, rather than General. Further warning in end notes, possible spoiler.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Actually, how about this, although it doesn't involve Athena?

 

'You can let me up now,' said Herakles, aggrieved. 'I really did not mean to attack any of you!'

'You are safer staying down,' said Edhellos from where she sat on his legs. 'Some of our friends are angrier with you than you have probably realized. Don't try to throw us off, you might get run through with a spear.'

'We are giving you the benefit of the doubt,' Lalwen explained, holding down his middle. 'Because of possible cultural differences. You see, when Hippolyta said she was sorry for you and going to give you her precious and powerful girdle, if you really needed it...'

'That was literally all she meant,' continued Elenwe, who was holding his arms pinned. 'Just her girdle, that is. Not the woman inside it. She was very much not offering the sort of comfort you apparently thought. And, in the Amazon language, no means no.'

'But maybe that was all Greek to you...' Lalwen concluded and gave his midriff an extra warning push.

Herakles subsided.

Thank you!

This interpretation of the Hippolyta's situation is not canonical, but I think it is a possible revisionist reading, rather than completely AU.

And so I wanted my Noldorin immigrants to help fix it.