Meadow Flowers & Butterflies by StarSpray

Fanwork Information

Summary:

A collection of non-Silm-based drabbles and ficlets.

Major Characters: Frodo, Legolas Greenleaf, Samwise Gamgee

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Ficlet, Fixed-Length Ficlet

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Check Notes for Warnings

Chapters: 10 Word Count: 4, 118
Posted on 20 August 2022 Updated on 18 February 2024

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Table of Contents

Written for the Saturday instadrabbling session for the Restoration & Rebuilding challenge

written for the Sunday session of Restoration & Rebuilding instadrabbling

Hamfast is starting to despair of any of his children taking up gardening—until Sam is old enough to start digging in the dirt.

Written for Back to Middle-earth Month 2020 for the prompts "a character's education begins" and "He was interested in roots and beginnings..."

Faramir stops before the Hall of Stewards on an errand in Rath Dínen.

Written for the 2019 Back to Middle-earth Month Bingo for the prompt "I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him" on the In the Words of Shakespeare card.

Rebels make trouble for Sauron's armies in eastern Rhûn.

Written for the 2019 Back to Middle-earth Bingo for the prompts "Rebels against Sauron in the East" on the Original Characters card, and "Haze" on the Color Burst: Purple card.

Mild warning for allusions to human sacrifice.

A strange man comes into town looking for livestock.

Written for 2019 Back to Middle-earth Month bingo, for the prompt Animal Companion on the Original Characters bingo card.

Primula and Mirabella happen to be in Hobbiton when Bilbo returns.

written for the Objects challenge series for Tolkien Weekly on LJ

But it was clear, to Belladonna’s amusement, that not everyone was pleased that she had come to live in Hobbiton.

written for madmaenad on tumblr, who requested "lady hobbits being passive aggressive about housewarming presents."

written for the 2023 Jubilee instadrabbling event

written for the Meet & Greet instadrabble event


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I read the second one in the insta-drabble channel already, but I wanted to let you know how much I loved it.

I think, tossing the earth into the wind is not only a very Sam thing to do, and feels like the perfectly logical answer to that particular problem, but also it's just very in theme with the rest of the story and I love that.

So much of LotR is about trusting that things will turn out alright when you have little control over events.