I Comfort You by Flora-lass

| | |

Fanwork Notes

I'd been wanting to write something about Legolas and Gimli for a while, but hardly dared (such is the esteem in which I hold them!) But then a friend suggested I try expanding on an existing work to get me started - and I decided to 'rewrite' a lovely piece by sallysavestheday from Gimli's POV rather than Legolas'. I've been in touch with Sally about this, and she has given me the go-ahead - thank you, so very much!

Special mention must be made of Arod, who displays great patience and tolerance throughout!

Fanwork Information

Summary:

This is more than inspired by sallysavestheday's 'Rash Words and Bitter Hopes' (see notes), in which Legolas and Gimli are riding together on Arod, towards Fangorn, and poor Legolas is seriously overwrought following the encounter with Eomer. My version might have qualified for last year's Understory challenge, if only it had been Silmfic!

Major Characters: Gimli, Legolas Greenleaf

Major Relationships: Gimli/Legolas

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Hurt/Comfort

Challenges:

Rating: Creator Chooses Not to Rate

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 650
Posted on 16 March 2024 Updated on 19 March 2024

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Comment by sallysavestheday 1 month 1 week ago

What a delightful companion to Rash Words and Bitter Hopes! I love this exploration of that moment from Gimli's point of view, and the gradual realization that he reaches. It's so true to him and his spirit. Thanks so much for writing and sharing! :)

Comment by Flora-lass 1 month 1 week ago

I'm so happy that you like it and you think I've been true to Gimli. It was such a pleasure to write, and I really appreciate you taking the time to read and comment.