Award a Medal for the Middle-earth Olympics

Middle-earth Olympics challenge banner with Olympic rings

We're about halfway through the Middle-earth Olympics, so it's time to start thinking about medals!

Middle-earth Olympics is not a competition. However, what is an Olympic games without a medal ceremony? This is the chance to recognize challenge participants for absolutely anything that you appreciate about them, their work, or their contributions to our community. We will award medals on August 15.

Any SWG member can award a medal. (We count "SWG members" as people who are registered on our site and/or follow one of our social media accounts.) You do not need to be a challenge participant, but the recipient should be a challenge participant. Remember that "participant" means more than just fanworks creators. Commenters, betas, the people who help you with research and brainstorming for a challenge piece--all are eligible to be recognized!

You can award as many medals as you want and you decide what you're awarding the medal for! Get creative and have fun if you want! Of course, medals should be positive-focused. (Hopefully that doesn't need saying but just in case.) While the medal should be relevant to the challenge, you can certainly say nice things as well about what the recipient does in fandom spaces outside the challenge as well.

You can award a medal here.

And if you want to see the fanworks created for this challenge so far, see the Middle-earth Olympics page.


Posted on 1 August 2021 (updated 11 August 2021) by Dawn Felagund