One Week in Himring

Series compiled by Himring

| | |

These stories are linked because together they form an account of a week Fingon spent in Himring a couple of years after the Dagor Bragollach. The days were taken up with a sequence of council sessions, but Maedhros and Fingon also spent the nights together, lovers in the full sense of the word for the first time.

Between them, these stories also outline the whole relationship from its beginning until Maedhros and Fingon meet again in Valinor. However, some episodes are described in much more detail in other stories of the series.

For warnings, etc. see the individual stories.

ETA: I stopped adding stories to this subseries at one point for technical reasons and never resumed. So some of the later stories in the overarching series would actually fit into this particular arc, but haven\'t been added.

Series Information

Summary:

These stories are linked because together they form an account of a week Fingon spent in Himring a couple of years after the Dagor Bragollach. The days were taken up with a sequence of council sessions, but Maedhros and Fingon also spent the nights together, lovers in the full sense of the word for the first time.

Between them, these stories also outline the whole relationship from its beginning until Maedhros and Fingon meet again in Valinor. However, some episodes are described in much more detail in other stories of the series.

For warnings, etc. see the individual stories.

ETA: I stopped adding stories to this subseries at one point for technical reasons and never resumed. So some of the later stories in the overarching series would actually fit into this particular arc, but haven\'t been added.

Major Characters:

Major Relationships:

Genre:

Challenges:


Fanworks in "One Week in Himring"

This is a Writing fanwork

The Military Relevance of Sewage by Himring

Warnings: No warnings apply

Maedhros carries discretion to extraordinary lengths. In the Second Age, Elrond matches him for reticence.

Maedhros/Fingon slash, but sexual content only hinted at and off-stage.

This story has been nominated for the MEFAs 2010 by Dawn Felagund. Thank you very much!

This is a Writing fanwork

Praying for Lightning by Himring

Warnings: Character Death, Mature Themes, Sexual Content (Moderate), Violence (Mild)

A bit of pillow-talk between Maedhros and Fingon, framing memories of Araman, the Helcaraxe and Mithrim.

Fingon has to struggle to re-define himself twice, once when he learns what was really going on at Alqualonde, the second time when he realizes that their deepening love means that Maedhros and he have become mutually irreplaceable to each other and what that might entail. Each time, Maedhros turns out to be part of the solution as well as part of the problem.

P.S. In the last update I changed the title, summary and notes. No changes to story.

This is a Writing fanwork

Looking at the Stars and Counting the Hours by Himring

Warnings: Character Death, Sexual Content (Mild), Violence (Mild)

Falling in love helps Fingon cope with the death of his father, but on a visit to Himring a year later he finds love can't cure everything. Except I couldn't quite leave it at that...

Variation(s) on familiar theme(s). Not only do I not own the characters, I own very little else...

Fingon/Maedhros. Not rated this for incest, as cousins don't usually rate for incest on this site.

Character death only as per canon and also off-stage. Some angst and flashbacks.

This story has been nominated for the MEFAs 2010 by Angelica. Thank you very much!

This is a Writing fanwork

Cabbages and the Embarrassment of Being Maedhros by Himring

Warnings: Mature Themes, Sexual Content (Moderate), Violence (Mild)

Cabbages, because they are almost entirely unlike Silmarils...
Maedhros has been rescued from Angband by Fingon and has handed over the crown to Fingolfin. He recovers from his ordeals (more or less), sorts out things with his relatives (not quite), and departs with his brothers for points east. Later, after the Dagor Bragollach, he reviews the situation, considers giving up the struggle (not really), and is badly shaken by a presentiment of the Nirnaeth Arnoediad.
Romance (Maedhros/Fingon) and in part a prequel to "Looking at the Stars", but also about Maedhros's relationship with Maglor, the "shadow of pain", etc.
Minor warnings: Non-graphic references to torture and swearing. Non-graphic descriptions of insanity and vomiting. Brief references to prayer.