SWG LiveJournal No Longer Posting Announcements

The SWG moderator team has decided that we will no longer be updating the SWG's LiveJournal with official group announcements. This community does not receive a high level of engagement, and the values of LiveJournal's owners continue to be at odds with the values the SWG embraces.

This does not mean that we are closing this community. We invite people to continue to post fanworks, meta and discussions, and announcements about fandom events here. However, this community should no longer be used to keep up with SWG-related news and announcements.

If you want to keep up with what's happening on the SWG, we have social media accounts on DreamwidthTumblr, and Discord. (For a Discord invite, contact the moderators.) On our website, you can find announcements on our News page, and if you are a member of the site, you can subscribe to our weekly email newsletter. (Go to My Account and click on the "Newsletter" tab to sign up.)

Our LiveJournal community, along with our Yahoo! Group, was the SWG's original online space. For almost two years before our website and archive opened, we shared fanworks, discussed Tolkien and writing, laughed, played, and made new friends here and on Y!G. We are sad to take the next step to move on from LJ but grateful to all of the people who made this such a vibrant community and a cornerstone of our beloved group for so many years.


Posted on 5 March 2022 (updated 6 March 2022) by Dawn Felagund