I climbed a mountain by Himring

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for a SWG Insta-drabbling session for a song prompt: Landslide, by Fleetwood Mac.

Warning for allusion to canonical events during the Darkening.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

At the time of the Darkening, widowed Indis, having left Tirion, asks her daughter Findis to accompany her to Valmar. 

Major Characters: Findis, Indis

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Fixed-Length Ficlet

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Check Notes for Warnings

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 100
Posted on 7 October 2023 Updated on 7 October 2023

This fanwork is complete.

I climbed a mountain

Read I climbed a mountain

‘I am so sorry, Mother, I cannot come to Valmar with you, even now,’ said Findis.
They stood on the slopes of Taniquetil. There was no light, of course there was still no light, except for starlight faintly reflecting off patches of snow.
Indis could not even see Tuna and the Calacirya, now, where her life and love had ended brutally as if buried in a landslide, merely glimpse the walls of the Pelori as a deeper shadow.
‘I can neither dwell among Vanyar nor in Tirion,’ said Findis, embracing her. ‘Know you take my love down with you, nevertheless.’


Chapter End Notes

Refers to Findis as a hermit on Taniquetil, my uncanonical take on the character featured in other ficlets.

The drabble acquired its title during finweanladiesweek on Tumblr.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.