West Wind Blowing by Himring

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Banner

Fanwork Information

Summary:

During the Bragollach, a respite in the attack on Himring allows the brothers to voice private regrets and fears.

This would be a songfic, except I wrote the lyrics myself. In other words, I wrote first a poem and then a ficlet to serve as a setting for it. The piece is also closely connected with my unfinished story "The West Wind Quartet" without actually being part of it.

 

Major Characters: Maedhros, Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General, Het, Poetry, Romance, Slash/Femslash

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 337
Posted on 2 October 2010 Updated on 2 October 2010

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Forms part of a story arc which assumes that Maglor's wife stayed behind in Valinor and that Maedhros loves Fingon, but hasn't told him so (that is, not at this point in the narrative).


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I guess so, but if your top priority is that your loved one should be safe, I suppose it is unwise to fall in love with anyone who is surnamed "the Valiant"... Their brothers are alive, yes, and Fingon, too, although eventually, of course, they'll end up alone together, as they are at this point. It's hard for both, but they are supporting each other, each choosing to feel sorry for his brother rather than himself... Thank you very much for commenting!