Still Waters by Olorime

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Beta:  IgnobleBard

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Finrod Felagund gets stranded in a storm, a mysterious elf comes to his rescue.  His life will be forever changed.

 

Major Characters: Aegnor, Angrod, Finrod Felagund, Galadriel, Mandos, Manwë, Orodreth, Ossë, Uinen, Ulmo, Vairë

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Alternate Universe, Drama, Romance, Slash/Femslash

Challenges:

Rating: Adult

Warnings: Character Death, Sexual Content (Mild)

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 9, 999
Posted on 15 February 2011 Updated on 15 February 2011

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

I have probably fudged up the timeline, and the Quenya names, but bear with me, it is impossible to keep up.  This story is dedicated to my fabulous, most awesome Beta Reader, Ignoble Bard, I don't know what I would do without him.

Also, many thanks to Mr. Darth Fingon for helping me out with the Quenya nicknames used.  Some of his characters and story lines served as inspiration for this fiction along with those of Ignoble Bard.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Copying from the Slashy Valentine site, because I want to recommend the story to readers here as well:

You hit a fair number of kinks of mine with this one, dear. Not the least of which is Finrod himself. He is one of those Silmarillion characters that I have learned to love more with increased familiarity. I loved the part about Amarie. I know others have written lovely stories taking a different angle, but I would have thumbed my nose at the Valar and the Vanyar and run off with Finrod in a second to the ends of the earth and beyond. (Ok. Well, maybe that hasn’t always worked out perfectly for me. But I probably wouldn’t do things much differently if I had a second chance.) So you hooked me early in the story and kept a hold on me.

The storm at sea, the interaction with Ulmo, the fight over the fate of Finrod. You have a big story here! Wow! And the threat that Finrod would meet a worst fate coming from Namo, was just the kind of thing I’ve learned to expect from him. But then we wouldn’t have the song battle of Finrod, one of my favorite parts of the Lays of Beleriand. I’m going on too long. You hit so many points for me. Snow at Finrod's death! This is a real fairy tale. I love it.

Very lovely story and you should be very proud of it.