Laurië Lassi – Golden Leaves by Esteliel

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Glorfindel's past, from his youth in Aman to his death at Cristhorn and his eventual return to Middle-earth. A collection of drabbles and small ficlets written for Back to Middle-earth Month 2011.

Major Characters: Finrod Felagund, Glorfindel, Turgon

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Adventure, Drama, Fixed-Length Ficlet, General, Slash/Femslash

Challenges: B2MeM 2011

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Sexual Content (Mild)

Chapters: 31 Word Count: 8, 149
Posted on 6 March 2011 Updated on 1 April 2011

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Nan Elmoth Passport Stamp
Voltaire said that it's not enough to conquer: one must learn to seduce. Write a story or poem or create artwork where seduction plays a central role.

Losgar Passport Stamp
Defiance is defined as the willingness to contend or fight. Write a story or poem or create artwork where the characters defy authority in some way.

Vinyamar Passport Stamp
Some people have difficulty embracing changes and moving on. Write a story or poem or create artwork that shows the consequences of refusing to change.

Mithrim Passport Stamp
"There would be no one to frighten you if you refused to be afraid." -Ghandi

Write a story or poem or create artwork where the character conquers his or her fears.

Menegroth Passport Stamp
Write a story or poem or create artwork that will illustrate the consequences of isolation.

Lake Helevorn Passport Stamp

Greed is good! Write a story or poem or create artwork that will prove or disprove this statement.

Dorthonion Passport Stamp

Write a story or poem or create a piece of artwork reflecting identification with or connection to one’s land, country or culture.

Gondolin Passport Stamp

Start a story or poem with Charles Dickens' famous opening line from A Tale of Two Cities: "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times."

Himring Passport Stamp

Write a story or poem or create artwork where characters make sacrifices in order to achieve their goals.

Falls of Sirion Passport Stamp

Elves are one with Nature. What about Men? Hobbits? Dwarves? Write a story or poem or create artwork where the way different races relate to Nature is shown.

Balar Passport Stamp
Write a story or poem or create artwork featuring unanswered requests, prayers or pleas.

Armenelos Passport Stamp
Write a story or create a piece of art centred on freedom of religion (or lack thereof), heresy, and/or religious rites.

Shire Passport Stamp
The cuisine of the Shire is unsurpassed. Write a story or poem, or create a work of art, featuring food.

Arnor Passport Stamp
A gentle breeze brushed the hilltop, combing the ruins...
Write a story or poem that starts with this line or create a piece of art that reflects this line.

Bree-lands Passport Stamp
Hobbits are well known for their gift-giving traditions. Write a story or poem in which the exchange of gifts is featured, or use "gifting" as a theme for a piece of art.

Wilderland Passport Stamp
The act of kindness or hospitability usually comes from a generous heart. Write a story or poem, or create a piece of art where your character displays this virtue.

Rivendell Passport Stamp

Write a story or create a piece of artwork centred on meetings or reunions.

Misty Mountains Passport Stamp
Write a story or poem or create an artwork in which a character unaccustomed to acting as a leader must make an important decision.

Mirkwood Passport Stamp
The words West and East are often used in the works of Tolkien. Write a story or poem or create an artwork that uses these words as the central focus, whether as cardinals, regions, or as metaphors.

Rhosgobel Passport Stamp
Write a story or poem or create artwork using one or more animals as symbols, omens, or metaphors. Use associations and meanings from any culture or source you wish (e.g., Celtic, Native American, Biblical).

Lothlorien Passport Stamp
She knelt on the floor, carefully picking up the shards of glass. Why did it have to be this one that broke?

Start a story with this two lines and answer the question of what was once broken. Or create a poem or piece of art that pictures this scene.

Isengard Passport Stamp
How would a character not allowed to express his or her thoughts, creativity, or opinion act out? Capture this in a story, poem or piece of art.

Rohan Passport Stamp
Write a story or poem, or create a piece of art where your character rises above themselves to follow their dreams.

Gondor Passport Stamp
There was no avoiding it; the letter had to be composed...

Who will receive this letter? An uncle? A lover? The High-King? Why is there "no avoiding it"? Circumstances? Or is Mother watching with arms crossed? Will the letter be written in haste? Or will each phrase be meticulously crafted?

Write a story or poem inspired by this line (you do not need to use the exact quote), or create a piece of art that reflects this situation.

Mordor Passport Stamp
"Darkness is only driven out with light, not more darkness."
--Martin Luther King, Jr.

Write a story or poem or create artwork where your character battles and overcomes their darkest hour.

Grey Havens Passport Stamp
"You can never go home again, but the truth is you can never leave home, so it's all right."
--Maya Angelou

Write a story or poem, or create a piece of art on the theme of leaving or returning home.

Valinor Passport Stamp
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain."
Friedrich Schiller

Write a story or poem or create artwork that illustrates this quotation.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Just came on to say again how much this collection is adding to your *Anestel* Glorfindel. He comes across so vividly. I love all these glimpses, from his impetuous and courageous youth, his acceptance of what he enjoys (that scene with Fingon simply crackles with UST) to his feelings of Turgon, to (so far) his rebirth which is the most powerful piece I have ever read concerning how an Elf must feel in the Halls of Mandos, and his soul being returned to his body. Just wonderful! I hope we see more.

Hugs

 

Siân

Thank you so much, Siân! I'm still overwhelmed that you like my Glorfindel's story so much! And I'm really so pleased that the reincarnation story had the effect I had hoped it would! I've always thought that one day, Glorfindel will talk about these sort of things with Legolas, but until then, I'm glad that I get to explore more of his life via these prompts. :)

*hugs*