The Glinting Gleam by Nekomitsu

| | |

Fanwork Notes

With many thanks to the Guild for coming up with such a fantastic challenge as 'With a bit of fairy dust' this very month, and many apologies to Lúthien for... well, for everything, actually.

 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Maedhros found an unexpected treasure during the Feast of Reuniting and decided to show it to the King of the Exiles against the advice of his cousin Fingon.  Featuring weddings-to-be, adventures, balrogs, golden harps, a most beautiful princess, fire, and thieving brothers.  (Fairytale, loosely based on the Russian folktale The Fire Bird and Princess Vasilisa.)

Major Characters: Fingolfin, Fingon, Lúthien Tinúviel, Maedhros, Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Adventure, Humor

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 5, 553
Posted on 8 April 2011 Updated on 8 April 2011

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I think this is a great response to the challenge--it captures the style of a particular type of fairy-tale really well--and it is also a style I really like. I'm sure Luthien will forgive you for doing such a good job, even if a little slander is involved!

Ah, but even if she does forgive me (eventually, you know, once she gets her own fairytale and her one-handed human) Fingon will not, for I called him things.  You know, vain, and stuff.  I care far more about Fingon's approval than Lúthien, believe me.

(...or, thank you very much for your kind words - I'm very happy you enjoyed it!)