Reflections by helenjones

| | |

Fanwork Notes

This is my first story and I'm a non-native speaker who do not know how to find the right beta-reader, so there must be mistakes. Constructive comments are most welcome, but please be kind :)

 

Some ideas of this story are also drawn from the wonderful work "Fire and Ice" by Deborah Judge. I hope she and her readers won't mind. 

 

 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

A friend told me that according to one place in HoME, Feanor gave the Elessar to Maedhros just before his death. If the gem was so important as being able to come into Feanor's mind in his last moment, that Maedhros should (casually??) send it to Fingon later would seem strange - unless he was instructed to. 

Major Characters: Fëanor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Slash/Femslash

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings: Incest, Character Death

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 470
Posted on 14 May 2011 Updated on 14 May 2011

This fanwork is a work in progress.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Very well done for a first story in another language! It is an interesting idea that the Elessar was originally made for Fingolfin.

I think in the version (or in one of the versions?) in which Feanor is the one who created the Elessar he actually makes two stones, a green and a red one. That the Elessar should be one of a pair seems to fit in well with your ideas...

(I think you might want to say "contended against it" rather than "contended it".)

Thank you very much for the review! And I have corrected the mistake - thank you again for pointing it out! 

I do not have first-hand knowledge about the Elessar in canon (haven't finished reading the HoME series yet). In Cirdan's story Paradise Lost, it was paired with Elennar, while one of my friends told me confidently it was alone in Tolkien's works. I'd better quicken my pace of reading to check the fact myself :)