Chocolate by alquawende

Fanwork Information

Summary:

 

Aegnor and Andreth share a moment by Tarn Aeluin.

 

Major Characters: Aegnor, Amarië, Andreth, Finrod Felagund

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, General, Romance

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 407
Posted on 10 July 2011 Updated on 10 July 2011

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

 

A/N: Not as fluffy as you might think.

 


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


[Possible spoiler]

An interesting idea--having Finrod tell Amarie about Andreth and Aegnor! I like how you cut from one to the other, but I think it would work even better if you had an extra line break at that point (or three stars or a change of font...).

How telling that Aegnor apparently thinks he will please Andreth by saying: "Your reflection makes you like one of the maidens of my people" and doesn't seem to realize the implications of that, while she does.

Aaah poor Andreth. I've always suspected some sensible advice of Finrod's might have done some harm than good to their relationship. I've always found the ending extra bitter because in the end, Aegnor's being careful didn't actually make it any better. He didn't even get much time to carry his ~fair memory of a young Andreth~ around, died before the mortal did even. If he would at least be reborn, it would be...well, just a missed chance. But that it ends with Andreth living out her old age alone and him not outliving her and staying in Mandos forever - makes it all the more wasteful, those years they could have had but didn't. I say Andreth was right. 

Lovely story. 

"Your reflection makes you like one of the maidens of my people, Andreth."

Ouch! That one comment sums up a lot about how their relationship must have gone...and why it ended, too.

I like how Finrod feels guilty over having dissuaded him. Given his role in the Beren and Luthien romance, his advice to Andreth might seem a bit hypocritical in retrospect...

Anyway, great story!