Epilogue - A Fairy Story by Lipstick

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Warning: This story is extremely AU! And a little swearing (only in Ch1)

Disclaimer: Maedhros and Maglor, and any other pointy-eared types they name check in this story belong to J.R.R. Tolkien.

Also note: For this fic to make any sense at all, it would help if you have read my "The Difference between a Seagull and a Phoenix" fic.  If you haven't you can get by with knowing three things.

1) Maedhros didn't jump at the end of the Silmarillion, so is still knocking about.

2) He is not very nice

3) He has a rather dirty mouth on occasion.

If that is not enough to put you off, please continue.

 

First published: June 1, 2003

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Maedhros and Maglor reunite at the end of times - or almost.

Major Characters: Maedhros, Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Alternate Universe, Drama

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings: Expletive Language, Mature Themes, Violence (Mild)

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 5 Word Count: 10, 569
Posted on 22 July 2011 Updated on 22 July 2011

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Thank you for replying, and sorry for the long gap between review and reply. I have to admit this is the Mae & Mags story I'm least happy with here. It's clumsy and quite naive, I thought I was a little badass back in 2003, I do often think of reworking it. But I'm glad you enjoyed, as modern day Quendi are huge fun to write.

Hello! I'm not sure if you still receive comments on your stories posted on SWG. I stumbled across your series of fics of AU Maglor and Maedhros and simply fell in love with them. It was such a fresh, alternative take on the two brothers and how their lives might have been. You do a brillant job at capturing details, and I love how you are able to really delve into the psyche of each brother. I also enjoyed how you were able to place them into England (and Scotland?) and weave in the modern age to the original/ME geography and places. Anyway, just wanted to give you my thanks for creating and sharing these stories. Great job.