Daytracer by Dawn Felagund

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Wheelrider's request was for "A story that passes the Bechdel test! Meaning it features at least two women who talk to each other about something other than a man. Any characters, any time period, any Tolkien source are fine."

Fanwork Information

Summary:

After the Darkening of Valinor, the Aulendur struggle to find a way to bear aloft the final fruit and flower of the Two Trees. Nerdanel finds a unexpected ally in Arien, who helps her discover the secret knowledge that will return the world to light. Written for Wheelrider for the MPTT Yule Fic Exchange.

Major Characters: Arien, Mahtan, Nerdanel, Varda

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, General

Challenges: Gift of a Story

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Mature Themes

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 4, 839
Posted on 2 January 2014 Updated on 2 January 2014

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I really like this, Dawn; it is a memorable addition to your writings on Nerdanel and on Arien and on post-Darkening Valinor! Great descriptions--and you've integrated the HoME material marvelously into the later 'verse.

Small nitpicks (with apology for not sending them separately):

Something seems to have gone wrong here (accidental deletion?):
"the gilded pages that would never illuminate a the page with the light of anything but lamps and candles"

Also: "lathed"? I.e. "laved"? or "bathed"? Or something I'm not getting?